SPORTZTWO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFL, VFL, WAFL, SANFL

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clipsal

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bushranger
Admin
Admin
Bushranger

Male Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Clipsal Empty
PostSubject: Clipsal   Clipsal EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 12:12 pm

I really think the new way of starting the races no matter the team that get the advantage isn't the point here.
It is a rule that should be scrapped as drivers that polled high for race one and didn't finish or were way back.
Got to keep their positions on the grid for round 2 of the race.
They have said that these are now two seperate races so why not do a top 10 shot out for both races.
This would be a fairer way to do it than the stupid way it is being done now.
I hate this way and I will never believe it to be fair no matter who has pole position or in the top 10.
I just want fair racing and this isn't fair for some.
If you finish way down in race one then thats is where you should start the next race.
And not given a bonus for doing well in the shot out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sportztwo.org
Judge
Rookie
Judge

Male Number of posts : 150

Clipsal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clipsal   Clipsal EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 3:51 pm

I seen this on the tele and I to thought this was one crazy idea that must have come from someone who knows nothing of racing. To give the the top ten the same positions in now as they have said it in two races is so out of touch. Like Bushranger I see this as one stupid rule that has to be changes as why should a car that doesn't finish the race be allowed in the top ten in the next race. I have no idea where they got this idea but I know it is a bad one.
Back to top Go down
PickaCard
Rookie
PickaCard

Male Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-02-24

Clipsal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clipsal   Clipsal EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 1:19 pm

The way this is run now is good for those ones that can qualify well,but leaves those ones that can't do it as good out in the rain. It is not a fair system and the ones it will benefit the most are the teams with money, it will become a game of the haves and have not's. Teams that are happy with this now will see the ugly side of it once they don't do as well, but progress through the feild then next race place way back again. No good I think to.
Back to top Go down
2fu
Rookie
2fu

Male Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Clipsal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clipsal   Clipsal EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 4:18 am

I couldnt agree with you more bushy! I went to the clipsal, and i was totally disappointed with how the top10 stayed the same for the 2nd race. And from what i heard from alot of ppl there...it isnt liked by the fans nor the drivers. I cant believe that it actually was introduced. Its unfair for the teams that didnt have the right set up for the qualifying then got it right during the race..I can easily point out a few drivers who did well in the race, yet didnt make the top 10 shoot out, who should have started in their finishing positions from race 1...not the finishing position from qualifying...

although it was a great weekend of motor sport...that was the only let down..
Back to top Go down
Bushranger
Admin
Admin
Bushranger

Male Number of posts : 284

Clipsal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clipsal   Clipsal EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 6:45 am

At the race the commentators talked to Russell Ingall, and asked what he thought of this new rule, he said he hated it in no uncertain terms.
He said that he never qualifies well, so it would alway make him have to fight to get up to the top, but only to be thrown back down the line in the next race.
Though I don't think they will change it going by what the commentarors were saying.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sportztwo.org
Sponsored content

Clipsal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clipsal   Clipsal Empty

Back to top Go down

Clipsal
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SPORTZTWO :: OTHER LEAGUES :: OTHER SPORTZ-
Jump to: