SPORTZTWO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFL, VFL, WAFL, SANFL

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Four charged over fatal airport brawl

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bushranger
Admin
Admin
Bushranger

Male Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Four charged over fatal airport brawl Empty
PostSubject: Four charged over fatal airport brawl   Four charged over fatal airport brawl EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 5:51 am

A cut and paste from the ninemsn web site.

Charges have been laid against four men following a violent brawl between two motorcycle gangs at Sydney Airport which left one man dead.

9NEWSWATCH: Were you there? Do you have more information? Contact us here.

Witnesses have described how a group of about 15 men armed themselves with metal bollards during the brawl, which broke out at the Qantas domestic departure area in Terminal Three at about 1.30pm (AEDT) yesterday.

The brawl involved members from the Comanchero club and resulted in a 29-year-old Hells Angel member from Adelaide being bludgeoned to death in front of horrified passengers.

The Hells Angel was travelling with other bikies and had flown from Adelaide via Melbourne to reinforce the Bandidos' club in its war with Notorious, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.

PHOTOS: Bloody brawl aftermath

The attack happened minutes after the travelling bikies disembarked from their flight and were confronted by another group of men. Witnesses told police an altercation began in the arrivals section and lasted long enough to make its way upstairs to the departures area.

"They came running through picking up the big metal barrier poles and swinging them, swinging them like swords at each other," passenger Naomi Constantine told ABC Television.

"I saw one of the men lying on the ground and another man came up with a pole and just started smashing it into his head."

While a number of people involved in the brawl fled the airport, four men, believed to be Comanchero members, were arrested and have since been charged by police.

A 25-year-old man from Auburn, a 22-year-old man from Casula, a 21-year-old man from Pemalwuy and a 22-year-old Ingleburn man have each been charged with one count of affray.

They've been refused bail and are due to face court today.

The brawl was witnessed by up to 50 people in Terminal Three, which is operated and managed by Qantas. The attack raised questions about the level of security and the reaction time of security officers.

"Even if there was airport security there was no way they could have intervened. They came across the turnstiles like a tangled mob," the Herald quoted one witness as saying.

The attack happened the same day a drive-by shooting in Sydney's west that sent two men to hospital.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sportztwo.org
PickaCard
Rookie
PickaCard

Male Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-02-24

Four charged over fatal airport brawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four charged over fatal airport brawl   Four charged over fatal airport brawl EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 1:27 pm

All I can say is I am glad I wasn't there. ANd that I feel for those who were.
Back to top Go down

Four charged over fatal airport brawl
Page 1 of 1