SPORTZTWO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFL, VFL, WAFL, SANFL

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Site Closed

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bushranger
Admin
Admin
Bushranger

Male Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Site Closed Empty
PostSubject: Site Closed   Site Closed EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 1:38 pm

I have closed the site down to guests today, as we had someone on here for well over an hour.
And I really can't see anyone wanting to be on the site for this long just reading what we have posted.
And only having limited amount of things to view and read here.
One reason would be that they are cutting and pasting things from this site to place on their site.

We only had a few sections open for guest's to look at, but now these are all closed down.
What they will now only be able to see is the subject in each section and who was the last poster there.
Just like when we first sign on is what they can see.
If they want to see more they will now have to join up and become a member here.
And if they do cut and paste things then, I will have no control over that.

I will keep the site like this for a month, then I might reinstate those sections I had closed back to being open to guest to view.
But as for now they will be unable to read what we have posted. I am not sorry for doing this.
But if you can spend this much time on here reading why not join up to read it all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sportztwo.org
Judge
Rookie
Judge

Male Number of posts : 150

Site Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Closed   Site Closed EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 2:46 am

I actually had a look at the site before logging on and I could still read the sections I could before so what has happened Bushranger. This post said that you have closed them down but it looks like you have got it all the same as before. Not that I care I just thought you should know that it is as it was before with no changes. So you might have to look at what you have done because it hasn't changed.
Back to top Go down
Bushranger
Admin
Admin
Bushranger

Male Number of posts : 284

Site Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Closed   Site Closed EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 3:02 am

I will answer what you have said in you post.
Last night I did shut the sections down to guests and then I reopened them.
I thought if they want to read or take out posts from here and post them on their site.
They are the ones missing out on have the truth being said.
So I reopened them once that one who was on for so long had left the site.
I really think if this is what they are doing we must be doing something right here.
So it is a form of flattery if that is what they have done.
All sections that I closed down have now been reopened again for guests to read once more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sportztwo.org
PickaCard
Rookie
PickaCard

Male Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-02-24

Site Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Closed   Site Closed EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 6:01 am

If you are right Bushranger I would be flattered that someone think that your site has thing to copy from. I do to think that opening it up is a good option. As if you closed it down how would people thinking of joining know what the rules are. I know I read them before I signed on. And what I read was enough to get me to sign up. But I wanted to see the AFL section and to do that I had to sign on, and this is what I did.
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Rookie
Sandi

Female Number of posts : 97

Site Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Closed   Site Closed EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 4:58 am

I think that if there is nothing to see and read it would put people off.
But I also see the other side if it was all closed down that this would make them sign on to be able to read them then.
I think giving them a little taste is a better way to go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Site Closed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Closed   Site Closed Empty

Back to top Go down

Site Closed
Page 1 of 1