SPORTZTWO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFL, VFL, WAFL, SANFL

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tiger Woods to play Australian Masters

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bushranger
Admin
Admin
Bushranger

Male Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Tiger Woods to play Australian Masters Empty
PostSubject: Tiger Woods to play Australian Masters   Tiger Woods to play Australian Masters EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 4:39 am

This is a cut and paste from wwos.com.au
And some of my comment's to.

06:30 AEST Thu Mar 19 2009
American golfer Tiger Woods will play at the Australian Masters in Melbourne in November, with Victorian taxpayers to foot half the $US3 million ($A4.53 million) appearance fee.

Victorian Premier John Brumby told the Herald Sun newspaper the world number one golfer will grace the Kingston Heath course in Cheltenham.

"We are delighted Tiger Woods has chosen to come to Melbourne, further cementing our position as the major events capital of the world," he said.

Mr Brumby said the visit would earn Victoria $A19 million in economic benefits to the state and would easily cover Woods' standard non-US appearance fee of $US3 million.

Is it worth $US3million to have Tiger play in Australia?
Should taxpayers foot half the bill?
Are sportsmen ridiculously overpaid, particularly in these difficult times?

I say this is the most stupidest thing ever.
We are in hard times and here we are rady to pay a man that more than likey had got as much money as all of Victoria does on his own.
What has happened to the saying do it for the good of the game.
I know that I would not pay one red cent to his money hungry gold person.
He is good and has helped the game along.
But now way should he be paid this much or any fee to show up.
He is now playing the game to become richer and not playing for the love of the game.
If anything pay for his air flight here and that return, but for the rest I would rather see him not turn up.
I don't know how a man with so much money can ask for that amount to just show up.
I hope he gets his backside kicked and doesn't make the cut.
I had respect for him and this has wiped that clean.
Let him do his knee in again, Stuff him.

This is the link to this so if you want to leave a coment there for all to read go to this link and do it. I did.
http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=788079#comment
Back to top Go down
http://www.sportztwo.org
PickaCard
Rookie
PickaCard

Male Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods to play Australian Masters   Tiger Woods to play Australian Masters EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 12:44 pm

I did read about this and I think that if the Vic Government want to hand out the cash to him they might be on the right train track this time as it will pull haeps of followers to the game to watch him. So I think this is a good thing to do. Though it is a lot more money that he is worth.
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Rookie
Sandi

Female Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods to play Australian Masters   Tiger Woods to play Australian Masters EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 5:02 am

This fee is totally outragous and should never be paid out no matter what he brings to the game. No one is that good to earn then before he even plays a stroke. Stupidity at it finest, I think to do this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods to play Australian Masters   Tiger Woods to play Australian Masters Empty

Back to top Go down

Tiger Woods to play Australian Masters
Page 1 of 1